Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Catching Up…



This is the cute little house where we have been living since we moved from Philadelphia to Kentucky almost ten years ago.  This is where we were living when I got my first laptop and started my blog.  My blog was called "Every Day is a Gift" and you can still see it, but something happened with Blogger that locked me out of posting to it.

When we first moved here I blogged about missing Philadelphia, where we had lived for sixteen years. I had a job there and I enjoyed commuting on the train into the city.  My husband and I were lucky enough to make a lot of good friends there, and we have gone back often for special occasions as well as traveling with them often.

Why did we move to Kentucky in the first place?  We are both from the midwest (Ohio and Michigan) and wanted to be closer to our families.  My sister in Northern Kentcuky has three girls and I wanted to get to know my nieces better.  When we moved here my nieces were three, five and seven.  Now they are thirteen, fifteen and sixteen.  We were here for their growing up years.  As my youngest niece said, "Aunt Judy, we hardly knew you before you moved here".

This was then:


And this is now:


I have picked them up from school, waiting in the car line on days when my sister worked.  My sister is seventeen years younger than I am, and at first the teachers thought I was their grandmother (!).  I took them to karate classes, dance lessons, and gymnastics practice.  I had a lot of fun with them and enjoyed watching them grow up.  I can't believe how fast that happened!

We celebrated holidays and birthdays, sometimes at their house and sometimes at our house.

Christmas:



My Mom…


Easter:





Birthdays:




My mom, myself and two of my sisters…


So many reasons to celebrate:


Mike with our great-nephews…







As you can see, we have had a wonderful ten years here in our Kentucky home.  I have very mixed feelings about moving.  We are entering a new stage of life.  I am beginning this new blog with a look back.  I will be showing our journey as we move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment