Thursday, March 5, 2015

Moving On… Our New Home in PA


This is the first photo I took in our new condo.  You are looking at all the furniture we had there at that time.  Nevertheless, we were celebrating with our friends, toasting the move we are about to make.


Here they are, welcoming us to the neighborhood on their balcony.  We bought a condo in the same development, so we are going to be neighbors again.


As I have mentioned before, we made a lot of good friends when we lived in Philadelphia.  We have been making trips back and forth, taking a uHaul truck each time (I think we have made four trips now; this was during one of our visits).


We actually bought our new condo last June.  Since then we have been back for a surprise birthday party, a bridal shower, a graduation party, a wedding, a house concert and a bris.  Here is Mike with two friends who also live in the condo development.  We were at a surprise birthday party for another friend.


Here is the birthday girl!

Over the years, we have traveled with all of these friends and more.  I wish I had pictures from all of those trips but I didn't have a digital camera then.

The first trip was in 1995 to Israel.  We went with new acquaintances and came back with many friends.  Since then we have traveled with them to many Caribbean islands, Mexico, Hawaii, France and Italy.  Many happy memories were made.

I took this one in Washington, DC.  I was there, but behind the camera.


Here I am with my friend in Mexico.  We were there with three other couples.




This was a vacation at the Outer Banks.  Once again, I'm behind the camera.


This was when we were in Israel, back in the 1990s.  I didn't have a digital camera but t took a picture of a picture; I need to do that with more of my old photos.


Another older picture from Israel.


More friends on an Israel trip.  This trip also included Greece and Turkey.  I think this was in Greece.


Our most recent trip, a Viking cruise on the Danube in Eastern Europe.  We visited Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia and Serbia… learned so much about that part of the world.  It was unforgettable.


In Croatia:


In Serbia:






Well, I'm probably getting carried away now.  I have so many pictures and so many memories; I can't begin to show them all.  I don't even have any digital pictures from our barge trip in France or our Italy trip to the Amalfi Coast.  All these trips were with this group of friends, and we look forward to more.  In fact, we have plans to go to Ireland with them later this year, touring with an Irish musical group.

I haven't even shown you our new condo yet, other than that first shot.  It's still in the process.  We have furniture there but need paint, curtains, lamps, pictures and everything else.  But I have shown you many of the reasons we are moving there.  We will continue the life we started when we lived in Philly before.

So, now you have seen some of what I love about being there, and some of what I love about being here.  I've been lucky to have both in my life.

p.s.  I just realized that you can go to my old blog at "www.winsomeaunt.blogspot.com" and see my  older photos (France in 2008, Italy in 2010 and many from Hawaii).

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you will be close to so many friends. I remember the pictures from your Eastern European cruise. I hope you post some from Ireland. I spent almost a month there in 2001, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were there once before and have always wanted to go back. I loved it too. I'm sure I will post a lot of photos!

    ReplyDelete