Friday, June 5, 2015

Creating a Home


This is the house we are selling.  I have loved this little house for ten years.


I have enjoyed decorating it for all seasons.


Our cats have enjoyed it too.








I liked the way it was nestled among the trees...



I enjoyed having flowers on the deck:





I appreciated all the little details, pretty front door and lots of windows.





I know I will miss this house.  I have been working hard to make the new condo feel like home though.  I have brought a lot of my favorite things that make me feel at home.


I brought this chandelier to use in my new dining room, and the Matisse print to use in the new living room.  I love how they both look like branches reaching upward.


I brought some quilts and my favorite rug.


I was fond of this fireplace in the house, and the clock on the wall.  I couldn't bring the fireplace but I brought the clock to place in the new living room.


And of course I brought many of my books.  I have enjoyed setting up the bookshelves.

Tolkien and my wizard collection:


James Herriott and little animals:


(Little things that make me feel at home.)

Oh, and I do have some flowers on my little balcony now…


As I go about creating a home in our new condo, I look back fondly on that pretty little house where we lived for ten years.  Sometimes I can't believe I will not walk into it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment