Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Timothy Olyphant, Actor

Today while channel surfing, I came upon a 2000 movie called "The Broken Hearts Club: A Romantic Comedy". I was interested to see Timothy Olyphant play a gay man.  Here he is in that role:


I was accustomed to seeing him in a much different role, Raylan Givens in "Justified". Here he is as Deputy Marshal Raylan Givens:


What a difference!  His entire demeanor changed, the way he moved, the way he spoke.  It made me realize what acting is all about.

I hope I'm not guilty of stereotyping gay men.  Maybe the movie itself did that (but it was an interesting movie).  Each role is what it is, and he did seem like two different men.  I was impressed.

2 comments:

  1. I have heard that most actors are shy. It's interesting when someone can portray two such different roles. Philip Seymour Hoffman was good at that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been a shy person. Maybe I should have gone into acting.

    ReplyDelete